Why I Did Not Remarry Since 1984 – Iya Rainbow

Veteran Nollywood actress, Idowu Phillips popularly known as Iya Rainbow in a recent interview with Punch opens up on how life has been since the death of her husband in 1984.

The top actress, Iya Rainbow said: “I didn’t re-marry because many men are liars and I don’t like that.

They come to your house, feel comfortable, you cook for them and probably have s*x with them and then they say ‘I would see you tomorrow,’ but you will never see them again.

I don’t like that.

It is better for someone to carry one’s cross. It is just that it is not easy to raise children.

I advise widows to walk in my footsteps, I know it is not easy not to re-marry but with prayers, God would help them.

For instance, if I had re-married, I probably would have had other children and I would be the one to see them through school at my old age and the man might even leave me.

I thought about all these and I decided to face parenthood.”


The 72-year-old Lagos born actress, who has spent 45 years on stage lost her husband in 1984 after battling with a sickness for about two and a half.

Iya Rainbow also said although she gets suitors, they end up running away once they see the number of her children.

Speaking on if she hasn’t had s*x since the death of her husband said:

“Then, I did not even remember that I am a woman.

I pray no one goes through what I went through.

Then, the only time I remembered that I am a woman was when I wanted to ease myself. husband to me”.


More Details On Punchng

SHARE

KING DALEs

Hi, I’m CEO/Founder of Newsfeed Naija. I’m Web Designer, Web Developer, Business Enthusiast, Speaker, Writer and Artiste Manager. Inspired to make things looks Brighter. I love food :)

  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment